The Developmental Disability (DD) Program serves children (birth to 17) and adults (18 and older) with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (i.e., Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Traumatic Brain Injury, etc.) throughout Clatsop County.
The Clatsop Developmental Disability Program collaborates closely with other county, state and local agencies to provide comprehensive services in such areas as:
- Intake/application for services
- Case Management
- Advisory Committee
- Access to Brokerage services
- In-home services
- Residential services
- Employment and Alternatives to Employment
- Abuse Investigation / Protective Services
Individuals with developmental disabilities may need assistance when they have been abused or are at risk of abuse or neglect. Protective services are those steps taken to prevent abuse or neglect and to keep people safe. Protective services are provided for all individuals with developmental disabilities who currently or have formerly received DD services.
- To report abuse of an adult with developmental disabilities, please call the Developmental Disability Program at (503) 325-5722.
- To report abuse of a child with developmental disabilities, please call DHS Child Welfare at (877) 302-0077.