columbia river 2

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to receive behavioral health services?

Any Clatsop County resident is eligible for crisis intervention and stabilization, regardless of insurance or ability to pay.  Any Clatsop County resident is also eligible for a behavioral health assessment provided by a Master’s level clinician/provider regardless of insurance or ability to pay.   This assessment is conducted as an interview in which you can describe your strengths, needs, and issues you would like to address in counseling.  Based on this, you and the counselor can develop recommendations for treatment or for accessing additional community resources. 

How much do services cost?

CBH is primarily contracted to serve people with Oregon Health Plan/Columbia Pacific CCO, Oregon Medicaid, and Moda insurances.  Our DUII and mandated Substance Use Disorders programs operate on a sliding scale based on income.  Some programs have a limited amount of grant funding that does not rely on insurance payment.  The best way to determine what is available based on your needs and your coverage is to call our Call Center between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday at (503) 325-5722.  The Call Center staff can ask you a brief list of questions and based on that, help inform you about our programs and options.

Who do I contact with billing if I have billing questions?

Please call our billing office at (503) 325-0241 Ext. 255

Are services confidential?

Yes. Without a signed release from you, no one will have knowledge of your treatment at CBH.

Who should I refer to the Developmental Disability Program?

Developmental Disability screenings are available to any Clatsop County resident.  Call (503) 325-5722 to learn more about the services and what the eligibility requirements are.