Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
- Be prepared
When a mental health crisis happens, know what to do
- Mental illnesses are common
1 in 5 adults in any given year
- You can help
People with mental illnesses often suffer alone
- You care
Be there for a friend, family member, or colleague
What you Learn….
The course trains participants to help people who may be experiencing a mental health problem or crisis. You learn:
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems.
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders.
- A 5-step action plan to help someone developing a mental health problem or in crisis.
- Where to turn for help — professional, peer, and self-help resources.
If interested in becoming certified as a Mental Health First Aider please call 503.325.0241 Ext. 220